"We were together. I forget the rest."
Hello there, we're the Menarys. Shannon and Shaun...alliteration completely unintentional yet deeply satisfying. That Walt Whitman quote up there says it all. We basically love each other TONS.
We're both Dallas natives who love adventures, travel, and drinking wine, not necessarily in that order. Our prized possession is our dog, Leo. We are those people who just have to show you one more picture of our pup. And while part of us knows that you have no desire to see how he sleeps with his head on a pillow like a human, a bigger, much stronger part of us just can't stop. We're working on it.
We own and operate Shaun Menary Photography - Shaun is the lead photographer, and I am the lead designer. I also do the website writing because I studied literature in college, and Shaun still can't spell "definitely" without a corrective right-click. It's really adorable. What he did study in college is photography (that's right, y'all, a photographer with a photography degree!). 12 years and 250+ weddings later, here we find ourselves.
We're constantly and proverbially "pinching ourselves," just to make sure that this actually is what we do for a living. We hold the company of delightful people on the happiest days of their lives. We help those people relive their wedding days for decades. We travel the world, and we do it all together. In the least proverbial sense of the word, we LOVE photographing weddings.
• Shannon - duh.
• Craft coffee - he's turned me into a coffee snob.
• Star Wars - I'm currently looking at C-3PO and R2-D2 figurines on his shelf.
• Shoes - take THAT, gender stereotypes.
• Scotch - warm in his belly.
• Building furniture - none of it has fallen apart yet!
• Drums - shameless plug here, y'all: Shaun plays drums in a local band called Sleeperstar. They've had two songs on Vampire Diaries, so they've made it, as far as I'm concerned.
• Shaun - he's a freakin' dreamboat.
• A well-structured sentence - music to my ears.
• A good book - send me your recommendations!
• A good book full of well-structured sentences - don't you DARE recommend a book with poor syntax.
• London, UK - any fellow studiers abroad want to talk about Europe??
• Science - particularly molecular physics and cosmology, and yes, I realize these are polar opposites.
So there's a bit about us; now tell us about you!